Saturday 29 November 2008

It's a carrot world around me...


Let me make this clear to you all, I don't like carrot at all. I generally like vegetables which give a sour taste and carrot huh! never tastes good even if you add spices and make a curry with it!
Ok Ok, I accept that, its good for one's eyes but you can't force me to eat it just like these ppl have done..!

Let me explain:

The day started like this, I completed my exam and went for lunch. It was tuesday and as usual we had carrot curry (yuck!) and carrot salad. I ate though I didn't like it. Then I felt very hungry by the evening and went down to get some snacks and guess what, it was sundal. But it was not just sundal, they had mixed carrot slices in it! Oooh man! It was very bad! I just threw it off...
To eat our caterer's sundal itself is a tough job! and mixed with carrot? huh! never ask me...
Then by night I went for the dinner... They gave me kofta curry which they call it... and not to get surprised now... it just contained the flour and carrot!!! Hurray... I enjoyed throwing it away!
Fine, I got a few biscuits had some fruits and coffee. The next day, I had exams and I was very hungry. I went to mess for my breakfast and it was noodles... The only thing which tastes good in our mess! Fine with that, but as soon as I started... I found carrots even in those! Oh my god! can someone not save these ppl from using carrot???
Just think, half carrot, half noodles..!!! cha, it tasted worst you know? and that too it was only half cooked as usual..! But still, i managed. I went to exam, did it well and then started to my mess for my lunch. Guess what, my mess welcomed me with carrot sambar, carrot kuttu and I just missed carrot curd..! Come on! I can expect that atleast for even the pickle contained carrot!! he he he...
By night it was none other than carrot rice.! hurray! ppl, right from the start till today, carrot dominates our mess's so called food..! and, Now I can say,

I eat carrot... do you??? ha ha ha...!

Anyways adjustment to any bad condition is one such thing which our mess manager is teaching me ;). And afterall, our mess could have been one such another HR subject...
And pl. don't come to a wrong conclusion that, I don't eat much!
I eat a lot and lot... you can't just stop me...

Note:
Please ones who don't know what is sundal... Sundal is just one such dish which is prepared by soaking cereals in water and then later cooking them with spices... if you want more info. just google it up... it's as easy as that...

5 comments:

Gowri said...

Before reading....saw the snap..got a flash ! But later clarified.... my dear brother !! Carrots are good for health... that too - half cooked or raw ! As you are in computers... it is good to eat them a lot !Tablets are bitter... still to make us better, we are talking !! Isn't it ?? So make it a point that your mess is making you healthier .... Hope I am right and hoping, you will take in high spirits ?? !!

Sanjeev Gopinath said...

ok... eat only carrot for a month... you'd feel much better... he he he...! An a apple a day only keeps the doctor away, they never said that an apple everyday and for a week like this... it'd make you unhealthy infact...

Gowri said...

Come on ... we are talking about today (one day) right ? I never told any where to eat carrots daily !! ??

Sanjeev Gopinath said...

Come on!I have mentioned that, the whole of the sem, carrot has been dominating... and thats wy I felt annoyed eating carrots... otherwise, a change for a day is fine with me... he he he...

vishwanath said...

To take your specs eat carrots da anna!! Say thank u to ur mess cook as he is keepin u healthy!!!